Saturday, December 21, 2013

Peace


Oh yes!! I really love this mug!! It was actually donated in one of our yard sale fundraisers we had over the summer.. I can remember seeing this at Barnes and Noble a few years ago and even getting the magnet version for my dear friend Valerie.. surely this was more applicable to her hurried heart at the time than mine. And then I saw this mug in a pile of ((generously)) donated items for our BIG cause!! Reading over the words I felt such a tug at this ((pulled in many directions)) heart of mine!

So, this heart has been at work.

This heart~work has been so freeing.

The free~ing has been the best gift I could get ((and give)) to myself ((and to my children)).

Ahhhh. To be in the midst of all that is crazy!!

Zscha. (( so you know.. this sounds like a little slobbery sound.. perhaps a sound you might make when petting a kitten.. or a beagle puppy.. or a newborn baby giraffe ))

Ahhhhh. To be at the epicenter of silence.. and longing for some noise.

Zschaaa.

Oh...To listen carefully to a new utterance..a stringing together of sounds~ that make a word, and then another..forming a beautiful sentence.."I want, spin me around".. and knowing this is something you have been waiting for your whole life..  ** Yes.. my whole life.. I have known I would be a mother. I have, for my whole life, longed to be someone Sam would want to be loved by.

Zscha.Zscha. ((my peaceful contentment))

So, we were playing yesterday in his wonderful room. Myles was playing with Lori. Owie was resting...or so we thought.




Zscha.Zscha.Zscha.

I posted this on Facebook, and was met with such loving responses.. and much laughter, of course!

I did say his name with varied emphasis on each syllable .

There was no way to discern what to do first with regard to cleaning up..

bath..check.

water bottle and metal spoon for scraping..check.

hands and knees positioning..check.

lots of smiling..check.

a feeling of overwhelming...peace... Zscha!! Check!



Here he is..

My little super hero.

The one we have been surprised with from the start!!

Sweet O.



 
Patience.
The biggest response, by far, to the paint "Incident".
 
Having Peace In My Heart.
no matter the circumstances.
 
This was my heart~work.
 
I believe it is one thing to have patience about something.
The waiting can be a tough one though.
 
How PEACEFUL you feel during the waiting.
Within the midst.
In the trenches.
Even on the horizon.. sometimes we are just not peaceful.. no matter what.
 
This is my wish for my little family.
That true peace would be ever present.
I am so glad to have been chosen for this little life.
 
May you also do the crazy thing on your heart.
and let us all call it a thing of wonder!!
 
Joyfully.
me
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love how eloquent you are!....your blog is a wonderful read!.....I love you...mommy

    ReplyDelete

Share what you thought...i'd really appreciate it!